Help secure the future of Cove Park by becoming a Supporter, Friend or Patron in 2022/23.
Why Support Cove Park: Our Values and Mission
We are a small, dedicated, and professional team committed to Cove Park’s mission, which is to support the creative and professional development of national and international artists and cultural practitioners by offering the freedom and support required for research and the development of new work.
Our reputation and our vision for the future of Cove Park is built upon:
- being a hospitable, inclusive, and safe space for all
- championing research, experimentation, the right to fail and the production of new work
- sharing knowledge and promoting national and international cultural exchange
- ensuring our local rural community has access to innovative and free arts education and cultural activities
- contributing to the cultural life of our nation by working in collaboration with its communities on high quality public programmes
- caring for our unique landscape, to conserve and protect its natural state
- forging partnerships and networks to lead organisational change on environmental sustainability
Challenges and Priorities
In the context of the cost crisis, the ongoing impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, and the climate crisis, we are determined to:
- offer more fully funded residencies and increase our financial support through fees, materials, and travel payments
- maintain subsidised prices for independently funded residencies
- continue to provide education and cultural activities free at the point of access
- activate regional and national community involvement in a programme of commissions and events
- devise new international residencies to foster cultural exchange
- work towards a capital development programme to future proof and expand our accommodation, studios, library, and professional workspaces
- harness the potential our site offers for an environmentally sustainable future
Residencies offer unique ways to meaningfully support artists in the long-term, providing genuine opportunities for creative and professional development, and the means of working within and alongside communities to collectively enact change.
Cove Park is uniquely positioned within the cultural sector to bring together national and international artists, writers, makers, and cultural practitioners working non-hierarchically, and at every career stage, to meet, share ideas, develop new ways of working, and create new work to be exhibited, published, and presented for the benefit of national and international audiences and participants. Residents tell us they leave Cove Park with a renewed focus, greater confidence, and work which will underpin and shape the future direction of their careers.
With a growing international alumni network of over 3000 individuals, Cove Park continues to have a significant impact on artistic and cultural practice on a worldwide scale.
Ways to Give
Donations of any amount, large or small, make an enormous difference to our work and can be made directly from the green DONATE button on this page. Alternatively, please contact Alexia Holt if you would like to discuss bespoke ways of supporting Cove Park.
- Supporters: £25 annual membership
- Friends: £200 annual membership
- Patrons: £2,000 annual membership
Sponsor a fully funded artists residency
We are also pleased to offer the opportunity to join Cove Park as a Programme Patron: donations of £2,500 or £4,000 meet the costs of a fully funded two-week or four-week residency for individual artists. These awards provide artist’s fees, travel costs and materials allowances.. Programme Patrons will be offered naming rights for the residency and invited to discuss their interests and requirements with Cove Park’s Acting Director/Senior Director of Programmes, Alexia Holt.BECOME A SUPPORTER, FRIEND OR PATRON
Shop for Art: Limited edition artworks, prints & more!
Purchase limited edition prints and artworks by alumni artists Claire Barclay, Christine Borland, Nathan Coley, Graham Fagen, Louise Hopkins, Charlotte Prodger, Ross Sinclair and Simon Starling.
Share our story
Help us spread the word about Cove Park in Scotland and beyond!
We offer several ways for individuals and groups to engage with our programme: meeting the national and international artists we work with, taking part in exclusive events – such as readings, artists talks, screenings, summer dinners and studio tours – and spending time at one of Scotland’s most beautiful and inspiring locations.
All those who support Cove Park will receive biannual updates on our work, invitations to special events and a 20% discount on our limited-edition prints and artworks. We will acknowledge your support on our website and on the Thank You board at Cove Park.
Cove Park is a charity registered in Scotland: SCO29530