Creative Residencies for Carers is a new Cove Park programme offering short, five-night residencies for unpaid adult carers living in Scotland. Five residency places are available and the residencies will all take place at Cove Park from Monday 18 March to Saturday 23 March 2024. The deadline for applications is Monday, 4 December 2023 (6pm GMT).
This programme is supported by the Short Breaks Fund operated by Shared Care Scotland. It aligns with the aims, objectives, and requirements of this Fund by offering carers respite and supported time to focus upon their own wellbeing.
Inkeeping with Cove Park’s wider programme, Creative Residencies for Carers will focus upon creativity and the benefits of creative activity for wellbeing and personal development.
Those taking part will have the opportunity to meet and share experiences with other carers and artists, and participate in informal group workshops and events. The programme also offers unstructured time during which the residents can develop their own work and creative projects, read, experiment in the studio, and explore Cove Park’s outstanding 50-acre rural site overlooking Loch Long. The programme aims to help carers to reconnect with creative activity and pursue their own artistic and cultural interests.
- This is a five-night residency which will begin on Monday 18 March 2024. The final full day of the residency will be Friday 23 March 2024. Residents are welcome to stay on site until noon on Saturday 24 March 2024.
- This programme is for unpaid carers aged 18 years and over, who look after a friend or family member. As this is a residential opportunity, it is appropriate for those who are not the sole carer and have support in place to care for the friend or family member for the duration of this residency.
- Former unpaid carers may also apply.
- One facilitated group workshop and one trip (to a local National Trust for Scotland organisation, garden, or cultural venue) will be organised in response to the interests and specialisms of the residents.
- Although Cove Park’s residencies are self-catering, two group dinners will be provided by Cove Park.
- No public presentation is required as part of this residency. This opportunity is designed to be stress free and without the pressures of a deadline or the requirement to complete or present a final work.
WHO CAN APPLY
- Unpaid carer aged 18 years and over and based in Scotland
- Former unpaid carer aged 18 years and over and based in Scotland
GUIDELINES & HOW TO APPLY
Please read our Creative Residencies for Carers 2024 Guidelines for more information on how to apply. All applications due Monday, 4 December 2023 (6pm GMT).
For further information please contact:
Programmes & Communications Producer