Magnetic: A New Franco-UK Network of Artists’ Residencies
Cove Park is delighted to be the Scottish residency taking part in a new network bringing together eight organisations to create a programme of funded residencies for visual artists based in France and the UK. The venues in France are CAPC in Bordeaux, CRAC Occitanie in Sète, FRAC Grand Large in Dunkerque, and Villa Arson in Nice; they are joined in the UK by Aberystwyth Arts Centre in Wales, Cove Park, Flax Art Studios in Northern Ireland, and Grizedale Arts in England.
Applications are invited now from artists based in the UK for two or three-month residencies with one of the four French hosts. Full details about the programme and information about the host institutions here.
– Societal and environmental issues will be at its heart, with the selected artists expected to work according to the focus of each residency, in resonance with each specific context – geographical or historical, societal, artistic etc
– Artists will receive a minimum monthly fee of about £2,100 / 2 500 €
– Each artist will benefit from curatorial mentoring
– Each residency will be tailor-made in discussion with the institutions’ curatorial teams
– Each residency will provide the artist with networking opportunities throughout their stay
– Artists will be provided with accommodation and access to a workspace
HOW TO APPLY
This opportunity is open to visual artists who have been living and working in France or the UK for at least 3 years and have presented their work in at least one professional contemporary art institution. France-based candidates are invited to apply for UK residencies and UK- based candidates for France residencies.
Applications are due 30 May 2022.
Candidates must submit a CV and a proposal outlining their motivations and intentions concerning the selected institution and its context. Please submit your application to Fluxus Art Projects. Each project submitted should generate a confirmation email. In addition to your Fluxus Art Projects application, please send a confirmation email to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
The selected artists will be announced in mid-July. Residencies will start in Autumn 2022.
Magnetic is a new collaboration conceived by the Institut français du Royaume-Uni and the four UK arts funding agencies, produced under the umbrella of Fluxus Arts Projects, a charity founded and run by the Institut and supported by French and UK institutions and private donors. Over the past twelve years, Fluxus Art Projects has become a marker of notoriety for artists and non-profit organisations, supporting exhibitions and curatorial research in France and the United Kingdom.
Image: CAPC, Bordeaux provided by Fluxus Art Projects
This programme is supported by:
Magnetic host institutions include: