Booking Now Open!
International Lamplight Residency
A Digital Writing Residency with Cove Park and Varuna
International Lamplight Residency with Tara June Winch, Graeme Macrae Burnet and mentor Dr Carol Major
Our first digital international writing residency, held in partnership with the prestigious Varuna, The National Writers’ House of Australia, will include Q&A sessions with Australia’s Tara June Winch and Scotland’s Graeme Macrae Burnet, as well as one-on-one writing consultations with Varuna’s resident mentor Dr Carol Major.
This online residency will run between Monday 6 July – Saturday 11 July 2020.
This programme is currently available to Cove Park Alumni, who have been on a writing residency at Cove Park, and writers with a significant publication record. If you are uncertain whether you qualify, please contact our Literature Programmer Rebecca DeWald before booking (see details below).
This week-long online residency includes:
- Two one-hour online sessions (one-on-one) with Varuna Writing Consultant Dr Carol Major to talk about your current project
- An online Q&A session with Graeme Macrae Burnet, the Man Book Prize shortlisted author of three literary crime novels.
- An online Q&A session with critically acclaimed Indigenous Australian novelist Tara June Winch.
- Daily facilitated professional networking opportunities with your peers in Scotland and Australia throughout the week, including the opportunity to share work, talk about process, and receive feedback about your work.
- And finally, a virtual brunch/dinner (depending on your time zone) with your peers on the Saturday with a recipe from Varuna’s beloved chef Sheila Atkinson to cook at home if you choose.
Places limited to six only, of which three are reserved for Cove Park writers.
Participants need to allow at least 1 hour at specific times every day for programmed sessions (mostly 9-10am GMT), with the expectation that you will spend at least three hours dedicated writing time each day (although this is flexible according to your own personal circumstances). You should also prepare up to 10 pages of work (double-spaced, size 12 font) to send to Dr Carol Major ahead of your first consultation.
Participants will need a reliable internet connection, and a computer or mobile phone with a webcam and microphone.
The cost of the program is $395 AUD (ca. £215, payable via the Varuna booking system)
Program dates: Monday 6 July – Saturday 11 July 2020.
Please note: some consultations will take place the weekend prior to the residency.
Booking is now open for Cove Park and Varuna writers.
For programme enquiries please contact Amy Sambrooke at Varuna, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For eligibility enquiries, please contact Rebecca DeWald, Literature Programme Producer at Cove Park, email@example.com