The Loch Long Crime Writing Residency is a new fully funded residency for Scotland-based writers developing new work in crime fiction. This two-week residency is scheduled to take place from Monday 18 March to Sunday 31 March 2024. The deadline for applications is Monday 4 December 2023 at 6pm (GMT).
- The writer should be developing new work in crime fiction, including but not limited to sub-genres such as psychological or legal thrillers, detective fiction, police procedurals, or private eye.
- The writer will receive a total residency fee of £1,100 (£550 per week) and a travel allowance of up to £75.
- The residency is designed to support research and the development of new writing.
- Cove Park’s team will support research and practical requirements leading up to and during the residency.
WHO CAN APPLY
- Writers based in Scotland.
- Writers who have published, with a traditional publisher, at least one book.
- Writers established in other genres but wishing to develop a crime writing project are also welcome to apply.
GUIDELINES & HOW TO APPLY
Please read our Loch Long Crime Writing Residency Application Guidelines for more information on how to apply.
For further information please contact:
Programmes & Communications Producer