Cove Park seeks Hands-On Programme Producer
14 January 2016
Hands-On Programme Producer Generous funding from the Robertson Trust, complementing its grant to the construction of Cove Park’s new Artists Centre, has made possible a new post for the organisation which comes at an exciting and critical time in its development. Cove Park runs an annual programme of residencies for national and international artists working in all art forms and at all stages in their careers. Founded in 1999 by Eileen and Peter Jacobs, it provides artists with the time, space and freedom to create new work and to make significant developments in their practice. Its aim is to enable artists to develop new ideas in a stimulating and vibrant context, creating opportunities for professional development, interaction and collaboration. To date, Cove Park has supported over 1,300 national and international artists. In 2015 work began at Cove Park on the development of its new Artist Centre (a communal space housing staff offices, library, meeting/dining area and practical facilities for the artists). The new Centre, due for completion in the Spring of 2016, will include for the first time dedicated spaces for educational and participatory projects. In addition, this capital redevelopment programme will also deliver two new units of accommodation and two studios. This significant enhancement of our facilities will enable Cove Park to fulfil its long-standing ambition to run a year-round programme of educational and public events that respond to our innovative residency programme. The Hands On Programme Producer will develop and deliver ‘Hands-On Cove Park’, the title of our new educational, participatory and public events programme made possible by the generous funding by the Paul Hamlyn Foundation. It will launch in the late Spring of 2016.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities Terms and Conditions of Employment
- This appointment is a part-time and is initially for 2 years (though expected to continue beyond), and is based upon two days per week. These hours can be flexible and will involve an amount of weekend/evening working.
- The appointment is offered on a self-employed freelance consultant basis. The post holder will therefore be wholly responsible for the payment of his or her own income tax, pension and National Insurance contributions in respect of the fee.
- The post holder will be paid £131.25 per day.
- The post holder will be based at Cove Park on the west coast of Scotland and should live in the locality
- The post holder will undergo a background check by Disclosure Scotland under the Protecting Vulnerable Groups Scheme ahead of appointment.
Staffing Structure The post holder will be responsible to the Director, and will work alongside Programme Producers for Crafts, Literature and the Visual Arts and the Assistant Director. Person Specification
|Knowledge and Experience||A knowledge of and enthusiasm for all forms of contemporary artExperience of coordinating arts, educational and participatory projects with and for professional artists and arts organisationsExperience of working with community organisationsExperience of working with children and young people Event management experience Experience of producing risk assessments Line management experience Knowledge of current child protection legislation Management of budgets Excellent communication skills||An arts degree or equivalentExperience of working with people with additional needsGood knowledge of the Argyll and Bute regionExperience of working in or developing a steering group or board|
|Special Aptitudes||Good practical skills in the areas of art projects, presentation equipment and art materialsComputer literateAbility to work on own initiative, as part of a team and to manage, lead and motivate othersCar driver with full licence||Knowledge of equal opportunities issues and practicesTrained first aider.|
How to Apply Please send us your CV and a letter of application explaining why your skills and experience are suited to this position and what you feel you will bring to the organisation. Please refer to the Job Description and person specification. Please also include:
- Your contact details including preferred email address
- Contact details of two referees with one of them being your current or most recent employer. Please also let us know whether we can contact them before you are offered the position.
- Where you heard about the job
- Whether you have unrestricted rights to work in the UK
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 5th February 2016. Interviews will take place during the week of 15th February 2016. Please send applications to: Julian Forrester Director Cove Park Peaton Hill Cove Argyll & Bute G84 0PE email@example.com www.covepark.org Please feel free to let us know if you have any special requirements or would like any other assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org